Employment at PC Transport, Inc.
Minimum Standards for Truck Drivers
In order to be employed as a truck driver by PC Transport, Inc. and to drive any company owned equipment the employee must meet the following standards:
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Standards.
- Must have current CDL with proper endorsements. (Class "A" with "TX")
- No "serious traffic violations" within the past three years. As defined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, including:
- Reckless / careless driving
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report an accident.
- Excessive speeding (speeding 15 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit)
- No current license suspension / revocation. (A work permit is not acceptable.)
- No more than 2 (two) moving violations in the last 12 months, nor more than 4 (four) in the last three years.
- No preventable crashes involving:
- A fatality; bodily injuries treated away from the crash scene
- "disabling damage"* to a motor vehicle within the last 3 (three) years
- At least two years experience in the operation of LCV equipment.**
- At least 23 years old. (Preferably over 25 years old.)
** Successful completion of an accredited truck driving training school counts for 6 months experience.